Sunday, December 30, 2007

November and December

In November 2007 I was in Imphal (Manipur, India). I was invited to speak at the International Conference on Science and Spirituality (November 23-24, 2007).

I spoke about logic and religion, and explained the interconnectivity of all beings and objects starting from a singularity (the Membrane). Here a link to a 42 minutes video of the speech taped with a mobile phone.

The conference was organized by the Bhaktivedanta Institute.





I attended in December a workshop on "Structure and identity" (Dec 7 and 8, 2007) organized by the Centrum Leo Apostel (Clea) of the VUB and Ugent. The event toke place at the Koninklijke Academie van Belgiƫ (Brussels). Some of the speakers: Peter Caws (George Washington University), Thomas Forster (Cambridge), Bob Coecke (Oxford), Richard Arthur (McMaster). Especially the talk of Bob Coecke was interesting since he pointed out the importance of topology. His approach reminds me of the algebraic analysis Lou Kauffman makes in his knot theory. In 2004 I met Lou during the APNA Conference in Cambridge. He told me then that I had created a completely new type of geometrical "knots", unknown to him. Now Lou works often together with Lee Smolin and his team of the Perimeter Institute in Canada.

Here some photo's of the Brussels workshop and activities.







No comments: